Friday, July 7, 2017
(I changed my channel name from Devilishly Hungry, back to La Delicia De Linda)
It's foodie friday! In this ASMR cooking video, we are making Chinese Steamed Buns. This is a basic steamed buns recipe. You can customize it to put any fillings you want but Cha siu (bbq pork) is the standard.
This recipe was from Woks of Life so I take no credit for the recipe. I did do some slight modifications. Not much but basically I replaced regular sugar with coconut sugar to make it slightly healthier.
How to Make Bao (Chinese Steamed Buns)
1 teaspoon active dry yeast
¾ cup warm water
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup cornstarch
5 tablespoons sugar
¼ cup canola or vegetable oil
2½ teaspoons baking powder
1) Warm up water to 105 degrees Fahrenheit. Don't go over 110 or you'll kill the yeast later and don't go under 100 degrees F.
2) Dissolve the yeast in the warm water.
3) Sift together the corn starch and flour. Then add in sugar and oil.
4) Knead the dough by hand or manufacturers' suggestion if using dough hook attached to mixer.
5) Roll into a round and put into a bowl covered by a damp cloth. You will be proofing or setting it aside in a warm place for 2 hours (dough doubles in size)
6) After the dough has rested/proof, mix in baking powder and knead into the dough. If dough is too dry you can add about 1 teaspoon of water.
7) After kneading, rest for another 15 minutes.
8) Punch dough down until it deflates and roll into a log.
9) Divide the dough about 10 or so equal pieces.
10) Flatten dough into a disk and put in filling. Not too much or you can't seal or pleat the dough.
11) Seal the dough and make the remainder. Steam the buns in a bamboo steamer, lined with parchment paper. About 12-15 minutes over medium high heat after boiling.
12) Be careful the steam is hot!
Serve and enjoy!
❤Thanks for watching!❤
Like, Comment, Subscribe and Share!
🍜What is ASMR and Why am I Whispering?🍜
ASMR Stands for "autonomous sensory meridian response".
ASMR is a euphoric and tranquil sensation triggered by auditory or visual
stimuli. The sensation is characterized by a tingling, pleasurable (excited) and calming sensation.
Often beginning on the scalp and moving down along the nerves of the neck
and upper back.
Certain sounds and visuals can trigger this sensation, producing endorphins that
help people feel relaxed, happy and at peace. Common triggers can be tapping,
whispering and eating sounds.
Many people watch/listen to ASMR to help them sleep or destress.
Everyone has their own unique ASMR Triggers. Hopefully you will find one that gives you all those good ASMR sensations.
~❤️ Follow me on Social Media ❤️~
Instagram: (new) https://www.instagram.com/ladeliciadelinda/
Support this Content Creator
✨ Want to show this channel some love? ✨
Donate via Paypal: https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=T24FHDTSV37JU
Thanks everyone ^_^ Your views and donations keep this channel up and running!
Logo animation made by Amit at: https://www.fiverr.com/amit98038