Saturday, August 27, 2016
Dumpling Wrapper Hotteok / Hoddeok Recipe
Let's eat with Linda! We are making nice, warm, crispy, gooey and nutty "dumpling wrapper" Hoddeok. A type of korean sweet pancake & street food. This recipe is an adaptation of Aeri's Kitchen version of Dumpling Wrapper Hoddeok. Check out her original recipe here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Hvf2Q3BY9Q
Hotteok is usually made from leavened dough. This version is a hack and much quicker to make and produces a crispy consistency.
Brown Sugar or Coconut Sugar
and Oil for frying
1. To make the filling, combine brown sugar, cinnamon and walnuts in a small bowl. I am using more brown sugar than walnuts. The ratios should be mixed to your liking. If you want a specific measurement, check out Maangchi's recipe for hoddeok here: http://www.maangchi.com/recipe/hoddeok
2. Place a small spoonful of filling in the middle of one dumpling wrapper.
3. Wet the edges of the wrapper and sandwich another dumpling wrapper over the previous one with filling.
4. Pleat or seal the edges with a fork or your fingers. Repeat with remaining filling and wrappers.
5. Pour oil and pan fry the dumpling. When it is nice and golden brown on one side, flip it over and fry the other side.
6. The second time around the oil is already hot so be careful not to burn the wrappers.
7. Let cool and serve. Best eaten when warm, crispy and gooey!
Follow me on
Note: I am not active on Google +
Montee - Vanilla (VIP)
Intro animation: https://www.fiverr.com/amit98038
Closed Captions have been auto generated and have not been read nor reviewed.
As such Closed captions may be incomplete or have inaccuracies and inconsistencies.